Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Epic Win Means BIG Party in 5 Points

Imagine This Big Party Two Blocks From Your House
Now that USC has beaten the Top Ranked Kentucky Wildcats, the folks that live in the first few blocks of Shandon get to enjoy the sounds of victory. Some people may see this as a liability, but for those of us that live here accept and enjoy it as part of living in the middle of USC life.

Stepping just a few strides out my back door I was immediately surrounded by the yelling and car honking that comes with a huge gamecock victory. Living on the first block of Wilmot Ave. in Shandon, we live only 2 blocks up the hill from 5 Points. You get the idea.

I must admit the experience is a little different now that we have a new baby in the house. I'm sure my wife is upstairs stirring about hoping that the ruckus down the hill doesn't wake up our five month old. Me too!!! I have to admit, we didn't think about big Gamecock victories when we put the nursery in the front of the house!

Congrats to the USC family and the Carolina basketball team. I can hear all too well that Gamecock Nation is celebrating accordingly. :)

No comments: