Friday, March 23, 2012

Rare Night With Friendly Competitors!

For the first time in my career, our local Realtor Association held a rather impressive function to celebrate it's "Circle of Excellence" award winners. It's the first time I can remember Realtors from different companies getting together in a black tie environment. If you're old enough to remember the TV show, "Dallas," all these friendly competitors in the same room was our fun little equivalent of J.R., Bobby, and Cliff Barnes, "Oil Barron's Ball." HA!! I have no idea why that popped in my head, but there ya go! It was a very nice affair.

During the real estate boom, the Association got rid of the "Circle of Excellence" as it was purely based on sales performance, with a minimum volume amount needed to qualify. Well, as you can imagine, pretty much everyone hit that level, which diluted the award enough that the "powers that be," cut it out all together.

Fast forward two or three years (to tonight), and "Circle of Excellence" is back in a different form. Today, Realtors must have a minimum level of "points," which is a combination of sales volume and Realtor event participation such as luncheons, golf events, committee service, RPAC donations, etc.

Fine with me, either way! We're just happy to be included and flattered to be a part of our Board of Realtor's, "Circle of Excellence."

A few tidbits. 1) Sorry about the cruddy pic! I was trying not to get "caught" snapping. 2) Shout out to wife, Jennifer, for getting all gussied up to hang out with a bunch of Realtors on a Thursday night! 3) Someone stole my damn plaque! I saw it as we entered, but by the time it was time to go, BOOM....gone. Oh well. A good time was had by all, and that's enough for me.

No comments: