Monday, August 20, 2012

Thank You, Incarnation @ Byron Road

If we're friends on Facebook you may have noticed that I'm kinda involved in our daughter's "Day School" enrollment process. For example, every year since Jennifer was pregnant with Finley, I've sat and written a waiting list check to Eastminister Day School when I was told. No problem. That's just the process. 

If you haven't caught on, there's a big market for downtown Columbia child care/pre-schooling. Finley has been on waiting lists all over town, all this time. That's a whole 'nother blog post.

Tonight's post is about the sheer awesomeness of Incarnation Lutheran's Child Development Center on Byron Rd. I think many people know it as "Incarnation @ Byron Rd." That's what I call it, anyway.

OK, here's the thing. Incarnation @ Byron Rd rocks. You may not have ever noticed the cute little building behind the VA hospital. Truth told, we've sold many houses in this neighborhood and I've been to Hammond many times and never noticed this little school.

As we were waiting on lists in downtown Columbia, Finley "got in" to Incarnation. Naturally, Jennifer was curious/probing about the school. After all, FJ is our first child and we hadn't heard anything about it. Well, after finding out that some of our best friend's/client's kids were enrolled, we became more comfy.

We can't say enough good things about this little place. Everyone knows Finley, and Finley knows everyone. It's easy in, easy out. Our girl has made some awesome friends here, and on many levels we're sad to leave. Further, I know we'll continue to use some of the teachers as babysitters. 

If you've made it this far into the post, I'm sure you're asking, "Why are you leaving Incarnation?"

Answer 1:  Geography.  

Given that we live 2 blocks from 5 Points, and both work three blocks from the State House, we travel exactly backwards twice a day to get to her little school house. I mean, we drive by five or six schools on the way to ours. Her new school is MUCH closer.

Don't get me wrong; we are THRILLED to be at Eastminster Day School. I have to admit, however, that we were so happy at Incarnation that the decision became difficult. After all, I've learned, "Don't mess with happy." 

The reason for this post isn't to debate schools. Our girl is moving schools and we're all excited. That said, now that some friends might be in our former situation, I thought it might help to write a diddy about our experience with this fine place.

Here's my thought: Incarnation Lutheran @ Byron Rd. gets an absolute full endorsement from Jennifer, Finley, and me. Over the last three years, this smile factory couldn't have served our family any better.  

To sum up, my kid was anxious going in, safe while there, and happy at the end of the day. Well done, and Thank You, Incarnation Day School @ Byron Road.  

Finley and her parents will miss you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good article, but it does appear on mapquest you are only taking about an extra 10 minutes each way, which in most cities is a blessing. Hope she enjoys the new school as much.

Jamie Cunningham-Mickens said...

Mr. Franklin,
I love this article!!! It means the world to me to know that we are appreciated. We love and miss you guys so much! With love, Mrs. Jamie

Jamie Cunningham-Mickens said...

Mr. Franklin,
I love this article!!! It means the world to me to know that we are appreciated. We love and miss you guys so much! With love, Mrs. Jamie