Thursday, December 11, 2008

FJ Santa Visits Holiday Market '08


Some Kids Love Santa, Some Terrified...

This years Holiday Market was another big success. Kudo's to the Junior League of Columbia for kicking off another Christmas season in Columbia.

During the big week, I'm there many times. However, from Noon to 2pm on Saturday, I assume my duty and put on the big red suit. For two hours, I offer candy canes to everyone that comes through the front door.

It's quite an experiment to watch which children aggressively search for Santa, and which ones are incredibly passive. It's almost painful to watch the kids who are completely terrified by the sight of the red suit and beard.

Even though my jeans are drenched and my face itches, it's still a lot of fun. I'm flattered that The League extends the invitation.

I look forward to Holiday Market 2009. Maybe next year, the little fella in the 2nd picture above will warm up to FJ Santa. I sure hope so!!!

P.S. How cute is the little peanut in my left arm in the 1st pic?! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little peanut sure is lucky to have FJ Santa as his godfather.

Anonymous said...

'Santa visits Holiday Market 08" title sounds very gud.Great info and some pics upload in this blog, it look nice.


Cheers,
Alex Johnson
real estate